One of my favourite types of outfits is one where I can mix together both high street and designer labels, like I have here.
I think this is a great way to dress up some of your everyday staples. Who would have known my Boohoo top was only $12? It looks right at home with my C/meo Collective skirt (loving the pink/grey colour combo that’s around at the moment) and Proenza bag.
To make this work, I have a few helpful tips:
- It helps for your high street pieces to be good as good quality as possible – like my top here is (unless you want to dress your investment pieces down).
- Colour and style is important! Make sure your high street and designer pieces blend and compliment each other.
- Tops and tube skirts are great targets for buying high street pieces – as there generally isn’t as much noticable difference between high street and designer labels for these categories of garments. It also makes sense economically, as they’re they pieces more likely to be ‘workhorses’ in your wardrobe – so should be easy and cost efficient to replace.
- Spend a bit more on anything leather – like shoes and bags (even if it means you own less), and anything which can have interesting tailoring and details (like coats, jackets, dresses and skirts).
- Gold and pearl accessories. Anything simple with a clean aesthetic can dress up your outfit – even if it cost less than your lunch!
- Do your hair and makeup! I’m guilty of not doing this enough – but looking tidy and polished goes a long way to making any outfit look better.
I’ve got a few more Boohoo pieces to share next week – in the mean time, get excited ’cause we only have a few more weeks left of winter!